Expected to launch on October 2017, Windows 10’s next update, dubbed the “Fall creators”, will bring a bunch of new improvements and new features. Here are 5 new features we’re looking forward to:
- On demand sync: Allows you to view your files on Onedrive without having to download them. This feature is very useful, as you can double click any file on your OneDrive as if it was stored on your laptop’s hard drive. Once you finish editing the file, OneDrive will automatically update the file and remove it from your drive to save space.
- My People: This feature gathers all the social media apps you have installed, and you can launch apps and conversations, and even pin contacts to your taskbar for easy conversation in Skype or other messaging apps.
- Emoji Panel: Microsoft is finally giving us a dedicated Emoji keyboard panel
- Mixed reality: Windows Fall creators update will include a brand new Mixed Reality experience that puts virtual reality (VR) at the front and center of Windows 10. However, not everyone will be excited about this feature, since it requires dedicated hardware.
- General Improvements: Battery life improvements, Cortana can now lock, sign out, shut down and restart your PC with voice commands, Windows shell improvements.